OpticStudio Network Licenses
OpticStudio network licenses are unlocked with a hard key USB license, or a soft key activation code. Soft keys are the easiest and most common licensing method.
Network licenses have significant advantages over single user licenses, including improved mobility and convenient management via an administrative interface. Other features include:
- Maximize Productivity - Securely run OpticStudio on virtual machines, cloud-based systems, or any machine connected to your internal network.
- Flexible “Seat” Options - OpticStudio Network Licenses are available with two or more activated licenses or “seats”. The number of seats purchased determines the limit of concurrent software usage. Additional seats can be added at any time.
- Concurrent User Based Limits - Install OpticStudio on as many computers as you would like because your network license is monitored based on concurrent usage, not the number of installations.
- Convenient Check-In/Check-Out Access - Users can check-out a seat from the network license, and for a customizable period of time, they can run OpticStudio when disconnected from the network. (Note: this feature is only available for soft key network licenses.)
- Easy Software Management - Update all of your users with the latest OpticStudion functions and features quickly and easily via online downloads. Annual Zemax Maintenance & Support service renewals are easily managed with a common renewal date for all users under the network license.
You can trade-in existing single user licenses for a network license. You can also trade-in a hard key network license for a soft key network license. The trade-in keys must be current on support - if not, the key must be brought back on support before the trade in can be completed. The number of keys that can be traded in must not exceed the number of seats of the network key being purchased (i.e. no more than 5 keys may be traded towards a 5-user network key) and each trade-in key must be an equal or lower version than the network key being purchased (i.e. only Professional or Standard keys may be traded-in towards a Professional network key). Network licenses are offered with seat count of 2+, and there are no single seat network licenses.