Upgrading delivers value beyond simple dollars and cents, it adds benefits that contribute to both individual and organizational success.
Download A Free Trial Request Quote Online Store
- Reduce expensive prototyping costs - Accurately simulate advanced optical and illumination system designs to reduce the number of prototypes required. A Premium Edition upgrade adds real-time modification capabilities with dynamic opto-mechanical tools and in-depth stray light analysis.
- Remove barriers - Ensure that your software is not limiting your optical engineering design capability. Upgrading adds functions and features to expand visibility, test results, and simulate variances to ensure design integrity.
- Create opportunities with versatility - Quickly expand to include non-sequential, lasers, fibers, and lighting system designs. Maintain the same core operating functions and software logic to minimize the learning curve when expanding to new products to serve new markets.
Different Editions for Varied Levels of Work
- Premium - our flagship Edition, includes Professional Edition features and adds dynamic CAD control, all Zemax data libraries, part designer, illumination maps, Lighting Trace™, and more.
- Professional - includes all Standard Edition features plus tools and features to design and simulate comprehensive, non-sequential optical systems, and laser beam delivery tools.
- Standard - engineered for lens design and modeling of complex imaging and afocal systems. Includes the industry’s widest array of features and functions available in a base software edition to design, analyze, simulate, and optimize most physical optics systems.
Each upgrade unlocks new functions and features to keep pace with your evolving needs.
Upgrading Standard to Professional
Unlocks new capabilities and adds more functions for design, simulation, and optimization of illumination, laser and fiber systems:
- Laser beam analysis: propagate fully coherent, arbitrary profile beams, accounting for diffraction from all apertures in the system. Simulates diffraction from pinholes and other wave-like phenomena properly.
- Illumination system design/analysis: 3D modeling of systems using non-sequential ray tracing with none of the assumptions used in sequential system design.
- Comprehensive stray light analysis: non-sequential ray tracing goes beyond simple ghost analysis with user-definable coat/scatter data and CAD import to accurately simulate surface finishes and mounts. Isolate the cause of stray light by tracing all possible paths with ray splitting and ray filtering tools.
- Stock lens matching tool: replace manual trial and error testing with an automated tool that selects the right off-the-shelf lens for your optical system design.
- Dynamic MATLAB link for post-processing: drive OpticStudio from MATLAB! Write MATLAB scripts that execute action in OpticStudio and return data for post processing without leaving the MATLAB GUI.
Upgrading Professional to Premium
Expands your capabilities with extensive resource libraries and breakthrough illumination and opto-mechanical features for state-of-the-art design, simulation, and optimization. The Premium Edition adds:
- Comprehensive opto-mechanical simulation: all the features in the Professional Edition plus a live CAD software link enables dynamic modification of CAD parts inside OpticStudio and create CAD parts using Part Designer.
- Extensive stray light simulation: all the features in the Professional Edition plus advanced path analysis to determine the most problematic stray light paths automatically.
- Real-time system analysis and optimization: get instantaneous ray trace results with LightingTrace™. Change parameters and immediately see the change in energy distribution to optimize faster than with standard ray tracing.
- Advanced light source and light path analysis: trace rays from multiple source with source illumination mapping. Simulate luminous flux at an area of interest with Reverse Radiance™, a unique reverse ray tracing feature
- Roadway lighting system design: determines whether a luminaire is passing or failing the CIE 140-2000 specification, and optimizes your design to achieve compliance with the standard.