OpticStudio is the essential software platform for optical engineers, combining an intuitive user interface with complex physics and interactive visuals to drive faster innovation while reducing development costs. Enabling optical engineers, researchers and scientists to design for manufacturability is the core of our mission.
Zemax puts quick, accurate design tools into the hands of optical engineers with OpticStudio™. Each tool set is aligned with key steps in the engineering design process forming the primary functions of the software. The Analysis, Optimization and Tolerancing tool sets contain an impressive array of physics-based algorithims to analyze, simulate, and optimize optical systems all within tolerance specifications.
To enhance the usability OpticStudio includes a comprehensive set of support modules within the software, including stock lens and materials catalogs, user help files, links to knowledgebase articles, and more. To ensure maximum productivity OpticStudio includes each of these modules at no additional cost.
- Analysis Tools - bring ideas to life with a single, seamless software platform that includes the industry’s most comprehensive set of analysis and simulation tools to create/improve optical, illumination, and laser systems.
- Optimization Tools - automatically improve the performance of optical/illumination designs based on user defined constraints, saving time by eliminating manual tests of design iterations.
- Tolerancing Tools - advanced tools and features that help design engineers incorporate manufacturing and assembly limits into design constraints to ensure manufacturability and production efficiency.
- Nonsequential geometric MTF calculation.
- Filter String for fixed rays in ZRD and layout
- 2-step softkey license
- Material Catalogs
- Enhanced photoluminescence
- Lumens output in flux vs. Wavelength Analysis
- Usability Enhancements
- CAD export for optomechanical semi-diameters