KIRKLAND, Washington –
April 29, 2016 –
Zemax introduces a new level of productivity to optics and illumination simulation software with OpticStudio 16. OpticStudio 16 improves the manufacturability of optical and illumination designs with new features and added functionality that make the entire design process faster and easier while improving the final results.
- Easily create lens designs that incorporate all manufacturing aspects, including mounting edges, and chip zones that extend beyond the traditional clear aperture
- Accurately and easily analyze stray light and scatter for opto-mechanical designs with a single-step conversion tool that includes all aspects of source and detection data
- Measure light on any object or objects including arbitrary CAD parts with a single check box to optimize illumination of target areas
- Added mobility for single users with soft-key licensing
- Expanded materials catalogs
Zemax’s quick and accurate design tool sets are aligned with key steps in the engineering design process forming the primary functions of the software. The Analysis, Optimization and Tolerancing tool sets contain an impressive array of physics-based algorithms to analyze, simulate, and optimize optical systems all within tolerance specifications.
- Analysis Tools - bring ideas to life with a single, seamless software platform that includes the industry’s most comprehensive set of analysis and simulation tools to create/improve optical, illumination, and laser systems.
- Optimization Tools - automatically improve the performance of optical/illumination designs based on user defined constraints, saving time by eliminating manual tests of design iterations.
- Tolerancing Tools - advanced tools and features that help design engineers incorporate manufacturing and assembly limits into design constraints to ensure manufacturability and production efficiency.
Industry leaders in optics and illumination rely on Zemax for cutting edge design and simulation software that reduces costs and shortens time-to-innovation. Zemax delivers design software, training and support services that set the standards for the optical and illumination industry. Zemax is unmatched as the preferred platform for researchers, engineers, designers and students around the world.