OpticStudio 16 Preview Webinar
March 9th, 2016
OpticStudio brought optical and illumination design software into the 21st century with its modern, intuitive user-interface. Zemax is putting the finishing touches on developing the next version, OpticStudio 16, and we invite you to learn about the new capabilities just around the corner. In this webinar you’ll get an introduction to some of the key features available in OpticStudio 16.
- Opto-Mechanical Semi-Diameters: additional diameter definitions are supported for sequential surfaces to assist in fabrication, tolerancing, and thermal analysis of lenses.
- Single User Softkey Licensing: ditch the USB dongle with a softkey license for single user keys.
- Fully Instrumented NSC Conversion Tool: the tool to convert to non-sequential mode now optionally creates field points and detectors to simulate optical performance in non-sequential mode.
- NSC Objects as Detectors: more NSC objects are supported as detectors for visualizing flux distributions on complex objects.
- Production Validator: a tool to automate tasks commonly done when preparing an optical design for manufacturing.
- UI Responsivity Improvements: improvements to file open speeds and quicker return of control following data entry.
- Ray Aiming Auto-Pupil Shift Factors: the pupil shift factors used for ray aiming are now automatically computed using the difference in location between the real and paraxial entrance pupil.
About the Presenter:
Akash Arora is the Zemax Product Manager. In his 8 years at the company he has held a diverse set of roles in technical support, software development, and product management. Akash earned his BS and MS degrees in Optics from the University of Arizona.